The Software Engineering Question of the Age
How do we create a perfect software product in no time?
(Inspired by some Dilbert moments in work meetings… though essentially, that is what managers, executives, and other so-called leaders want and ask for [implicitly] these days. Oooooh, if only they can get it.)
Some of the answers I got… (thanks to my friends)
- hahaha you write one line of code…hello world and that’s it *ROFL*
- not sure, probably the same way we fly without wings
- in the design….you state that your goal is to create an imperfect software product..and therefore it is perfect by definition
- tell ur bosses to wait til we die and go to heaven first
- Buy it from Japan.
- — fix the requirements and don’t change them
— agile software development
— reasonable sized team (I’d say about 5-10 people, but it depends on the size of the project)
and the last requirement
— STOP MESSING WITH THE ORIGINAL REQUIREMENTS
- answer is simply stop writing becase “in no time” means only crap can be created
What’s you answer? Go.
Originally posted 2009-12-01 20:30:15. Republished by Blog Post Promoter